Lausanne to Lucerne


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
January 3rd 2017
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.0457, 8.30824

This morning, after having not a very good sleep... Someone keeps snoring, we showered, then for breakfast we had leftovers from last nights dinner. We rugged up in our winter woollies in search of some shops that were open! So, up the "hill" once again!!
We got up to where the Cathedral was, and as we crossed the bridge I asked some ladies where we could find a shopping centre. Well, back down the hill again, across another bridge, then around a few more bends in the road we found it. There actually wasn't a lot there, but we managed to find a supermarket open and bought sandwiches for our train trip to Lucerne. Clint actually bought a powerbank for recharging phones. We kept walking for at least another 15-20 minutes, came across the main train station so Nikki decided from this point she would head back to the hotel. We found the tram and went back to Ouchy just to use up some time. We found a little souvenir shop that had so much in it, you just didn't know where to look.
After looking around the marina area, we went back to the tram to our room so we could do a final pack and check out of the hotel.
Back to the train station, luckily this time it was all downhill. Our train Departed at 12.50pm, and this time we are heading to Lucerne, arriving at 3pm. Along the way we passed a few vineyards and not far into our journey, we started seeing some snow in the paddocks. We arrived in Lucerne and straight across from the train station, we found our accomodation, Hotel Monopol.
We had 2 rooms here, so we checked in and went exploring by ourselves as Nikki wanted to be boring and stayed in her room.
We had to keep an eye on the time as we were awaiting the arrival of Melanie who had flown into Zurich after her Contiki trip and was on the train to Lucerne. We discovered the river and crossed the famous Wooden Bridge called the Chapel Bridge, built in 1333. We discovered the shopping area and had a brief look around.
Back to the hotel to drop off some stuff we bought, then across the road to the train station, the train being right on time. We were so happy to see Melanie, once again we are all together as a family. We took Melanie to the hotel, let her settle in and then we all went out for dinner. As Melanie had just come from her Italian Contiki trip, we tried to avoid Italian food but we ended up not far away from the hotel in an Italian restaurant!! The food was very nice but we all had entree size meals, 2 bottles of tap water and the bill came to $114 AUD!!
As we were all tired, we went back to our rooms for an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



5th January 2017

The pics and stories are great Sue, looks cold and you are having a great time in Europe. Look forward to coming blogs. xxx
5th January 2017

Thank you guys for all the beautiful photo that we all get to see If I ever go on holiday I been talking with you guys or I may be the other sibling And I. Well behaved and Clint could use another female on the trip lol
5th January 2017

I'm sitting here with fan and aircon on , and here you both are rugged up I'm feeling so warm now
5th January 2017

Clint is that Whisky in your pocket , and you look surprised , you got caught
5th January 2017

Sue did you steel the Xmas decoration , you look kind of guilty Check your pockets
5th January 2017

Clint your so funny , you do own a Mobil , Your not doctor who , and you won't get back to Adelaide in that lol
5th January 2017

Say cheese
5th January 2017

I wish I was there we are have n hot weather 39 not nice , would love some cold weather , it's lovely to see you all together as a family , don't forget to shop shop Sue I remind you how warm it is when your in the work shop sewing , gave n
Hot flushes , enjoy the cold there cause I would lol
6th January 2017

Woohoo Nikki
6th January 2017

A christmas Elfie. Oops selfie
8th January 2017

Such fun reading your blogs.. it takes the sting out of our heatwave here in SA looking at all that amazing snow

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb