Biking day- Geneva to Chexbres


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
July 8th 2014
Published: July 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Bon soir,

We made it through our first day of biking today and man...was it a day...

It was a rainy day today with only a few fleeting moments of sunshine. We got through the morning unscathed but biked through a large downpour in the afternoon that soaked us all even under our rain gear. Riding with soaking wet shoes and socks was not the most comfortable experience but we all got through it and are hoping for sunnier days later this week.

We traveled a total of 90 km and had a large climb during the last 10 K. The last 5 K specifically really wore me out. It was a 10-12% grade which is much steeper than what we trained on. That being said, the entire ride was beautiful but the last bit was especially scenic. This morning we rode through apple orchards, sunflower fields and small towns and villages on roads with very little traffic. There was some traffic in the towns with passed through but overall cars here are considerate and careful around bikes.

The final 10K was up a mountain side through vineyards. Looking to your left you will see the mountain with the beautiful homes, a few churches, lots of greenery and of course farms and vineyards. On the right side, you look down the mountain with Lake Geneva at the bottom.

I took lots of pictures today with my camera which I can't yet upload onto my Ipad. I have attached a few pictures though, pictures from the view of our hotel room here in Chexbres. Our hotel balcony faces downhill so you see the lake at the bottom with the mountains across the lake.

Good night,

K&M


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

post 90K selfiepost 90K selfie
post 90K selfie

We are still smiling!


8th July 2014

A 90K bike ride through the pouring rain is no match for the Brauns. Enjoy the trip kids! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb