Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
June 12th 2008
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The hostel on Lake LucurneThe hostel on Lake LucurneThe hostel on Lake Lucurne

pity it was so overcast
Switzerland gave us a glorious scenic drive; below snow peaked Alps, with steep treed mountains and waterfalls cascading down the crevasses. It’s spectacular. The hillsides are dotted with typical ‘Swiss style’ timber houses with little villages halfway up the steep mountains. We’ve arrived at Lake Lucerne; huge, glassy and a curious light green colour. Unfortunately the towns feel like the hangout for rich old people. We couldn’t quite put our finger on it but something feels unwelcoming. There are some pretty buildings (in the overly fancy Swiss way) and the lake is glorious but we’ve decided to move on a day early. We could have stayed and gone on some lovely drives or gone for a hike, but hiking was out of the question. Not only was it raining or threatening to, I could barely make it up the long steep driveway of the hostel without my lungs feeling like they were on fire and breathing so hard I couldn’t talk. These mountains are steep.
Not many photos, I was uninspired and most of the best things we saw were while driving.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb