Day Twenty-One, Monday


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland
August 6th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monday 6th August
Day Twenty-One,

We wandered up the lane to the local train station 'Sihlwald'. It looked like something straight from the 40s and had stacked logs and even an old steam train!

We arrived in Zurich and walked over then along the river. Exploring the quiet, shady streets we found 'Café Schober', as recommended in the rough guide. This funny little place was a Swiss Chocolatier on the inside with a café on the patio outside, bedecked with false flowers and serving amazing drinks, cakes and desserts (we had hot chocolate).

Some more strolling round the old town followed, then a stop by the lake to people watch (including crazy diving antics!) and finishing with a glimpse of the newtown's expensive shops and business-lunchers!

We returned to the old town to choose the best place to have fondue. When we decided we shared a hot, rich and highly alcoholic traditional cheese fondue.

After a hot train ride back we sunbathed a little before taking a dip in the river!

Desperate to spend our Swiss franks (Esther had got a bit keen at the cash point) we went to two different shops to stock up. We then ended our day with cheese, sausage and chocolate. It's traditional!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb