Day 8 Blog


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West
May 28th 2009
Published: May 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

PROMPT: Is the glass factory an attraction for tourists? How does the Hotel Palace Luzern differ from the other hotels we have visited?

I do think that the glass factory is a tourist attraction. The museum that they put together to show the history of the factory is interesting for both historical and heritage tourists. The glass factory floor where they make the glass is fascinating. I could have stood there for at least a few hours just watching the men work on the glass.

The part of the factory where you can play with the glass is great for people of different ages from small children to adults. The children just see things to bang on or make music with while the adults can see the science behind some of the exhibits.

The Palace Luzern is a very nice hotel. It is a sister hotel to the Victoria Jungfrau which we already visited. Unlike the Victoria Jungfrau hotel I think that the Palace Luzern is in a much better location. Lucerne is definitely a tourist location and one of the best in Switzerland. However, I think that the Palace Luzern’s Spa was lacking compared to the Victoria Jungfrau as there is no pool or hot tub for guests to relax in. That could become a problem in the future.

On the other hand, the Palace Luzern is located on Lake Luzern which offers guests more water sports than the Victoria Jungfrau. People can rent paddleboats, go on boat tours, sailing or swimming. This makes it more appealing during the summer months.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb