Mountain Air


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Zermatt
October 22nd 2005
Published: October 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After our expedition up the Matterhorn, we walked around the village of Zermatt. There is a glacial river running through the center of town with hills rising on either side dotted with chalets. There are no street addresses, so you just have to follow signs at the intersections and wind your way uphill and around corners to find anything. To get to some of the hotels, you enter a tunnel alongside the river then ascend an elevator 5 stories to the lobby. The tunnels are lined with rooms for ski storage. The main street is cobblestone. It was here that we found Grampi's restaurant for dinner, serving Swiss-Italian cuisine at reasonable prices. Afterwards, we stopped into a pub with free Wi-Fi to check some email and grab a hot cocoa. The band on stage wasn't half bad and started the set with a cover of "Time of Your Life."

We've added a few larger photos to the Gallery section of this site.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chalet ValaisanChalet Valaisan
Chalet Valaisan

Apartment in Zermatt.
Nice ViewNice View
Nice View

This house was being built - check out the reflection in the front windows.
Electric CarElectric Car
Electric Car

There are no cars, only these electric trucks in Zermatt, although we did see a few diesel work trucks.
Water BikeWater Bike
Water Bike

My attempt at jumping the Zermatt river on a mountain bike failed miserably. Just kidding...


Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 36; qc: 143; dbt: 0.138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb