All is quiet on the Murren front


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Mürren
September 17th 2012
Published: September 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Rick Steves' group left this morning so it appeared that we were the only ones at the Hotel..... It was just the Wong party. After breakfast, we headed out to do First Flyer zip. We went to First by way of Murren-Grutschalp-Lauterbrunnen-Zweilutschinen-Grindewald-Bort-Schreckfeld-First. We were going to do the Lake hike near First but was afraid that we were going to run out of time and sunlight. Plus, I wasn't really feeling that well after the cable car ride. So we decided that we would just do the First Flyer. All five of us zipped down 500 meters at 80 kmph. We essentially zipped from First to Schreckfeld. It was quite fun!

After the zip, we hiked down from Schreckfeld to Bort. It was all very steep down hill. My knees are very week and my toes hurt but it was a good hike. After, we caught the train back to Winteregg and the hiked back "uphill" to Murren.
We had a late dinner at Hotel Jungfrau (tiger shrimp and jasmine rice) then I had some whiskey (Glenmorganie?) on Joanne! Straight. We hung around the lounge a little bit and Alan and Veronique needed to be at home, so they asked that we close up. 😊 Like home away from home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

The wooden brackets are used to stop or break an avalanche.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb