Lausanne – January 27-28


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lausanne
January 30th 2012
Published: January 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday the whole group went to Lausanne to officially register our student visas. Then five of us decided to spend the night and explore on Saturday (Anna, Moogie, Alicia, Julia, and I). We ate croute (toasted bread with ham and TONS of delicious melty cheese), went to the Olympic Museum (good thing because it closes on the 30th for 2 years for remodeling!) and wandered around the Old Town on Saturday morning while the market was going on. I’m a sucker for Old Towns so I absolutely loved it! The Olympic Museum was really interesting as well – they had all the Olympic torches, a bunch of medals, all sorts of signed equipment, and of course all the historical information. Lausanne is the headquarters of the Olympics Commission so it was a pretty big, impressive museum. We also saw the Cathedral (largest one in Switzerland), the chateau, and a photography museum. Plus we had a lovely cold picnic down by the lake. If only it had been sunny so that we could actually see the tops of the mountains… Our hostel was great! They are a lot more expensive in Switzerland than in other places in Europe, but at least they’re nicer to go along with it.



Just a heads up... for pictures look on facebook!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.329s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.2665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb