Zurich – February 3-5


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich » Zürich
February 5th 2012
Published: February 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The pictures are already loaded for this on the picture entry, so go back to those if you want...

Sorry I'm so behind....

Zurich! February 3-5 a group of us went to Zurich for the weekend. I loved Zurich. The whole big main town area (Old Town-ish) was absolutely gorgeous! We saw lots of churches (including one with the largest clock face in Europe), Sprungli chocolate factory, the banking street with all the headquarters, Bahnhoffstrasse (supposedly one of the most expensive streets in the entire world – except there were a surprising number of not-expensive stores so we were a little confused…), FIFA headquarters (even though it was closed because it was the weekend…), the Swiss National Museum (really interesting and HUGE with lots of artifacts from the different periods of Swiss history and all sorts of unique, impressive items), spoke more Spanish than French with some South Americans from our hostel and even people in the city (Swiss-German is the official language, so our mediocre French skills did not even help us much…), we briefly saw the lake before the icy wind drove us away, and several cafes and grocery stores which we retreated into when we wanted to be able to feel our feet again. Yes, Switzerland is in the middle of its coldest winter in our lifetimes. Or so the locals say. The high of the weekend was 8 degrees Fahrenheit. Not exactly what you would call great weather to walk around in, but it was gorgeous and sunny and we were there to explore so we bundled up in as many layers as we could manage and braved the cold.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb