Born to live in Switzerland!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

I LOVE SWITZERLAND

I think I was born to live in Switzerland

Hey folks super quick update here. Internet in Switzerland is INSANELY expensive and being that this is going to be the last couple of weeks of my trip the budget cant deal with the $20 it would cost for an hour of internet to do a full update.

Allright where was I? Oh yeah Florence! Last day there I was planning the rest of my trip and since I didnt catch the bus there I had to find the correct camping ground where the bus was going to pick me up the next day. After hitting up an internet cafe and the bus station to get the right directions I was going to do a dry run to make sure everything would work ok at 6am the next morning. Went to open the door to the hostel to put my pack away and I bumped into 4 girls and they asked me if I wanted to swimming, how could I say no to that. We were following some pretty sketchy directions and we werent sure exactly what we were looking for. We eventually found the park that it was supposed to be at and just followed the music. What we found was a bar/restaurant with a pool. We were insanely under dressed to be there but oh well. Nobody was in the pool yet so we found a bartender that spoke english. Turns out that on Friday night the pool doesnt open till 10pm and stayed open till 2am. A nice dinner and a few drinks later the pool opened up. All of those really nicely dressed people instantly stripped down and out came the bathing suits and instantly the pool tuned into a nightclub dancefloor. There were italian sharks prowling the waters so I had to keep a close eye on the girls, if one of them strayed away from the group for more than a minute or two she was fair game and it was a feeding frenzy! Eventually we ended up back at the hostel for a 3am ipod dance party, only on vacation...

Next morning I missed the bus by about 2 minutes so I ended up sprinting to catch the busabout bus and I met up with Little Mikka again who had been kidnapped again. Once I found him the two of us hopped on the bus to Nice. Picked up a ton of people in La Spezia and stopped off in Pisa for a quick hour long photo shoot, that tower is SERIOUSLY leannig!!

Off to Nice and the first day went pretty quick, we didnt get in till pretty late and a bunch of people had heard about this place called Waynes bar that was supposed to be the place to go. Hit that up for some happy hour but it was way too hot in there so we just ended up heading home early.

The next day I woke up early to hit up the Sunday fruit market and on my way back I bumped into 4 ladies and they asked if I wanted to go to the beach. I was planning on gonig to the beach in Nice but they had heard of a better one 2 train stops away in Ville Franche. How could I say no to that? Grabbed the towel and the trunks and headed off. We found the beach fairly easy and it was AMAZING! I dove into the beautiful warm water only to realize that my mouth was full of salt water, I forgot what that tasted like. Back up on the beach to catch some sun and we all lotioned up and had a good bake. I sat up to put on some lotion again only to realize that 3 of the 4 women I was with were now sunbathnig topless. I knew them all really well and it wasnt a sexual thing so it wasnt that big of a deal but when they got up and wanted to talk it was kind of awkward, its never been harder in my life to keep eye contact but it was all good. The girls were really cool about it so its all good. Ended that night with really nice dinner and a few bottles of wine down on the beaches with one of the busabout drivers Marty. Not a bad way to spend the night.

Next day the 4 girls + 1 and me went off to go check out Monoco. We got onto what we thought was the right train only to figure out that it was the wrong one going the wrong direction and that we were the only people on it. After a couple of minutes it stopped and we hopped off and the engineer was trying to figure out what we were doing on it. We got to ride the engine back to the station and eventually found the right train. What was strange was that this lady asked us to help her with her luggage so 3 of us did but the girl behind me dropped the ladies bag and ran off. Me and Maughan were left to try and figure out where we were. Oh well just the two of us that day. Went to Monoco and I have never seen so many HUGE yachts and expensive cars in my life!!! Ferraris, Buggatti, Rolls Royce, Bentley, my head was spinning! Went into the Monaco Casino but they wanted $10 just to look around and I wasnt down with that so I just saw the lobby and it was pretty impressive in itself. Ended up back in Nice where I met up with some of the other folks and we went back to Waynes bar. My buddy Paull was working on this pretty little Norwegian so I was his wingman for the night. 2:50 rolls around and we were still quite a bit away from our hostel and the doors shut at 3. Nothing like a 3am full on sprint in Nice! We just made it back in time YAY!!!!!!!!!

Off to Lautterbrunnen gotta be quick here. Trees, mountains, rivers, lakes, hikes, extreme sports and women with accents, what more could I want? First night we got in late so just went for a quick walk up a waterfall.

Next day Paull, Cell (did I spell that right) and I went up to Journgfrau, the highest point in Europe and the views were amazing! Put me back in the snow and you just cant go wrong. Being from Australia Cell had never seen snow so I introduced her to snowballs and snowmen! 3 1/2 hour hike down and it was almost better than the views from the top! Nothing but farmers fields and cows, it was pretty cool.

Next day we hit up the Tremmelbach falls, up to 20000 litres of water per second and WOW!!! I thought that I had to check out that day so I did and headed down to Interlakken. I tried to check in to my hostel and they said that I didnt check in till the next day. I checked out the internet and infact I was a day off, DOH!! I had already arranged to meet a friend of mine Iris in Interlakken so I just stuck around till she showed up and me and her went for a walk down to the lake. If someone in Switzerland tells you it will take 15 minutes to get there, tripple it and thats more like the real time. A good 4 hours later we were back at my hostel and I grabbed my bags and bumped into a girl I had met 2 months earlier in a hostel in Edinburgh, small workd. Headed back to Lautterbrunnen and checked back into that campground for the night. Bumped into some more people again as the bus had just got back in and I heard how Trav and Lee bumped into Jack Nicholson!! Why didnt I stick around just one more day, that would have made a wicked Mikka picture. Ended up haning out with a ton of people and missed out on a lapdance instructional course that was promised to me...rain check? It was a great night but the downside was that the lcd on my camera broke...DOH!!! The camera still works I just have to use the view finder till I get some money to fix it. Not that big of a deal.

Next day checked into Balmers in Interlakken and this place is PACKED with Americans, I have never seen a concentration of them like this. Ended up meeting Diana from Toronto and once the security people told us that we had to go to bed or go to the bar we ended up going for a walk. Its really nice to meet up with a Canadian because there is always so much to talk about.

Today I am off for a quick 8 hour hike! I cant wait!! Nothing like a bit of excercise in the morning to wake me up!

Hope everyone is doing well and I want to hear some stories from the Stampede!!!

Glyn

Advertisement



22nd July 2006

Stampede,
Ya, all i know is that Don Mercier, cried when you where not at the country 105 both.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb