The Swiss make good Chocolate.


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 17th 2011
Published: June 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello, all. It has come to my attention that the pictures uploaded are not in the order they should be. I can rearrange them, but it's a bit difficult and time consuming. Hopefully I can get it done, but it may not happen. If you don't understand what a particular picture is of, leave a comment maybe?

Anyway, I believe the last time I updated was Tuesday. At least, it was Tuesday here. Either way, a while ago. heh heh 😊
Wednesday was a more relaxing day for us. We traveled to just outside of Innsbruck in Austria to take a tour of the... interesting Swarovski Kristallwelten, which is a museum/art display/who knows what put on by, of course, the Swarovski crystal company. It was odd to say the least. Artists have strange minds. There were a few walls of crystal, loads of art pieces incorporating y crystal and crystal dust, and a mirrored room with unusual acoustics.
We then drove to the town of Mittenwald in Germany, nesteld in the mountains. This town is famous for its violin makers, though we couldn't for the life of us find them. Maybe they don't want to be found... We walked through the town, which had loads of beautiful murals painted across its pastel buildings. We had fancy ice cream. It was fantastic. Dad and I had the fantastic experience of sticking our fingers in a mountain stream. It was COLD. Melted that morning, I'd bet.

Thursday we went to Neushwainstein Castle in Germany, which had been built by mad King Ludwig II of Bavaria some time back. This was the castle Disney was based on, and it was beautiful. We hiked up the mountain and got a tour of the castle. I'd give you a history lesson, but I doubt you want to read about it. If you do, email me. haha. Dad and Tia and Tara went to his other castle, nearby, and got caught in the rain on the way back to the motorhome.
We then headed to Zurich and got a campground really close to downtown. It was... rather expensive. We took a bus to the middle of the city and wandered around the shops for a while, then went back.
This morning we walked briefly by the lake we camped on, then went back downtown to look at the Grossmunster (great name, eh?) churhc, which was started by the reformer Zwingli. The comparison between the plain, solemn Protestant church and the magnificent, gold plated catholic churches was striking. We bought some Swis chocolate, which was fantastic, and left for Interlaken. On the way, we drove through miles of tunnels and got to see a real-greenish-blue-turquoise lake! It was BEAUTIFUL! We arrived, nestled in the mountains. Apparently, there's a yodeling festival in town this weekend...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Spider sculpture in ZurichSpider sculpture in Zurich
Spider sculpture in Zurich

JUST LIKE ThE ONE IN OTTAWA!


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb