Everything you hear about Switzerland is freakin TRUE


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 29th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Switzerland after a nice night of non sleeping and hearing an old non speaking english man snore his face off.

Exhausted we decided to travel around the banking world of Zurich, we spent a total of one hour there, looking at the stores in the railway station and that is about it, you could see the banks on the way in on the train, and that was about it.

Then we got back on another train and made our way to Luzren, which from what I see on the internet is in the South west of Switzerland. Terri with her keen sense of smell for chocolate, dove off the train and ran to the nearest store to see what the Swiss had to offer. We didn't even get out of the train station, before Terri found the chocolate and left her drool marks on the floor outside the store.

After our long walk to the backpackers, we decided to sit down under a tree and have some lunch, and yes it did include some chocolate, but I did find a great dessert treat!!! Who knew Swiss rolls were actually a Swiss treat!!!

We spent the afternoon lounging on their beach (a grassy park near the lake) then toured the town and its offerings (mainly swiss army knives and chocolate).

The next day we headed to Interlaken, the Niagara Falls/Queenstown of Switzerland. The towns was beautiful, nestled in the mountains, but was so full of tourists! We decided to spend the first day chilling and trying some traditional Swiss meals in a local restaurant (fondue and ratitulle). Tasty stuff. Swiss people love their cheese.

The next day we went to the top of Europe, Jungfraujoch. The 2.5 hour train ride (each way) was worth the amazing views! WOW! We got to the top and went through their ice palace and even went sledding! We declined to snowboard (the whole 100m run) and spent a few hours admiring the views. And everything you hear is true - those cows walking aimlessly along mountain paths DO wear bells! They are even painted all pretty-like.

After that excitement, we headed back to town and caught our train to Milan...




Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb