We love Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 24th 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left Paris (and our wireless) yesterday. Before we left, Steph went to D'Orsey and Sherrie wandered around the park. The 6 hr train trip in first class was enjoyable. There are benefits to being old and needing to buy the 1st class ticket.

Arrived in Interlaken at midnight to a very hot hostel room. The girls had not thought to open the windows! We fixed that. Today we wandered around Interlaken before getting groceries and heading to Gimmelwald. To get to Gimmelwald, we took a train, bus and then cable car. It was great. The views are spectacular. We will post pictures when we get to wireless again. Only allowed 15 minutes so this post will be short.

Our hostel is nice but there are 14 girls in our room. A little cramped but oh well. We will be walking/hiking tomorrow - we just have to decide on our routes. Steph favours the more leisurely pace, however, Sherrie has other ideas. (Boot camp anyone!)

Miss everyone - but not enough to come home yet!

Steph and Sherrie

PS - Sherrie might move here if she can find a husband.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th July 2008

Hope you're having a good time! I'm glad to see you're keeping up with the blog so we can keep track of you! The pictures are great and give us a glimpse into your holiday, like we're there, but I'm sure the real thing is a thousand times better! Miss you, have fun and keep us up to date!
25th July 2008

I Love Switzerland
Hi, I'm glad to hear the trip is going well. And first class too! Isn't Switzerland just the greatest place! I can hardly wait to see the pix. Cheers, .. Frank

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb