"this is unreal"


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
August 7th 2003
Published: August 7th 2003
Edit Blog Post

That was todays matra from hiking.
Wasnt i supposed to be hanging off a glacier? yes, but due to circumstances beyond my control, i will have to wait until tomorow.

After that i walked to the train station one past interlaken to take the train up to Lennerbrennan, the hub for mountian expolring, just to find that it "wasnt running". It wasnt running because it is a single track just past that point, and the down hill driver ran a red signal, and slowed down, but the other driver, could slow down in time and they crashed (i found all this out later from a guy who was on the downhill train). This is creadibly uncommon.

In this whole waiting and trying to figure out what to do, i met two other Americans, from Jersy city, and the 3 of us took a long walk by the lake, then over to the interlaken station where there were busses up the mountain. It took a while to get tickes and figure everything out, and by then, the busses had all left, except for 4 drivers, who just were chatting in german. We go no info, except the crash details. At one point a driver got on the bus and made our destination light up, so i went up and asked him what time the bus was leaving. He immedately turned around, go back on the bus and changed the destiation back to interlaken.

We finally got up the mountain after aquiring 2 girls from texas. The 5 of us hiked up to Trümmelbach falls, falls which flow through tunnel, then emerge. The whole way there all we could say was how unreal the scenery was. I wont evern try to describe it beyond that. The falls were cool... literally. By the water the temp just dropped like 20 degress... to the point we were shivering. The falls were very fast and high volume, unlike any i had seen.

From there we hiked to a gondola and took it to Gimmelwald. What a view. By then it was 7 and we had to take public transit down as not to miss dinner, since everything closes earlish in Interlaken.

What an unbeleivable view from those mountains.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb