Mountains, lakes and floating in thin air


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
August 6th 2003
Published: August 6th 2003
Edit Blog Post

So here i am in Interlaken. Interlaken is, as the name describes, between two lakes. It reminds me of the South Island of New Zealand. Combining the beauty here with the an intense (since 8th grade= desire to Hangglide, finally caused me to pay, and go. WOW: I am so glad i went the take off rocked. I ran alongside the instructor and all of the sudden the ground was gone. Neil was amazed at how calm i was, its not like jumping out of an airplane, so he cirlcled us near a cliff, and lots of other huge swoops. At somepoints we were going UP. That things moves, it is a giantic wing and all. Landing on my stomache was strange, but cool. All and all it was great.

Went swimming in one of the lakes.... Tania i found you your mountian lake. They are glacial lakes, so they are a brilliant turquoise, but when you get in the water is clear, cold and blue all at the same time. You feel clean not all slimy like after the beach...

Tomorow is ice climbing. You dont find glaciers in NY. I thought about canyoning, but i think i could find that at home.

yeah, i am really happy here. 😊

Eventually Tania will have some photos up from our trip, so check there at some point to see some picts.
http://europe.henderart.com

and for some good fantasy art, check her site www.henderart.com (shameless advertizing i know)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb