To jump or not to jump....That is the question


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So things are continueing to get tricky with the busy season. After Barcelona our plan was to head to Italy but the cheaper hostels had already been booked so we headed to Switzerland which ended up working out perfect.

Interlaken is an overpriced town full of tourist and backpackers looking to get their adventure fix either with rafting, skydiving, hiking, bungee jumping etc. It is also a party town so its easy for the vulnerable to be brainwashed with all the big secreens showing peoples skydiving videos all night. We purposely booked only two nights in hopes of avoiding the bank account sucking madness of Interlaken.

We didnt do so well

Our first night we got really drunk and headed to a nightclub with a couple of Mexican girls we met. Turns out this club was giving away prizes that night resulting in Laura being the winner of a two for one skydiving package. The package can be used in two ways. One way is Laura could pay full price for one jump and get a second jump free. Or two people could jump once each for half the price. Laura chose the later. If there is any place in the world to go skydiving Interlaken has got to be one of the best places to do it. The fall is surrounded by the highest of the Swiss Alps with turquoise blue lakes at the bottom. I chose not to get the video and photo package but Laura did so the photos can be seen at www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Jadela17. They should be up in a few days.

The next day was our first real rain since May 24th and has made me reflect on how lucky we have been with weather so far. Hopefully I have not jinxed myself.

Next up Gryon




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



26th June 2007

pics
BUY AS MANY BATTERIES AS YOU NEED!!!!!!!! We want pics. Nikki said she owes you money for your b-day and will put some in your account. Stay healthy and sane. It sounds like things are getting alittle crazy. Call next week an I will give you an update on things at home. Love you guys.
30th June 2007

Hi Lisa, Sorry we haven't commented much - sounds like you're having a ball. I'm so happy you're getting to do all of this!!!!!! Ryan and Reilly have been checking to see where you are though. Although I can't imagine you and Laura getting drunk!!!!!!!! Keep having fun. Kim
7th July 2007

Holy COW!
I'd crap my pants!! Dunno how you kept it in!!
8th July 2007

Brave Girls
The skydiving looked scary...what a view from above huh....It looks like you gals have covered alot of countries. Have fun

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb