Hiking


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Grindelwald
August 6th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after soaking sweat through our clothes, drinking all our water, and then reaching only the half-way point for our hike, a few hours later, we called it a day. What was posted on a local sign as an hour hike to a glacier, turned into a 3 hour hike, through what seemed like a Swiss wilderness!😊 (What we understood on the sign was hike, what they meant was twenty minute drive to the parking lot, and 40 minute hike to the glacier. It took us the whole hour and a half to get to the parking lot!)

We both decided hiking is not so bad, but we much prefer surfing for the reward! There's something blessed about being in water and being able to ride a wave and dip back into the cool water. We ended up not hiking all the way to the glacier, but did get to dip our feet in a little brook which led from the glacier (very cold!), and enjoyed that just as much.

Grindewald is definitely a beautiful town. Looking up at such majesty is overwhelming. We'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Tomorrow is a trip to Lauterbrunnen (recommended by Devin, Vlad, and Kat's Dad...) where we will see Trummelbach Falls, and the surrounding Interlaken area.

Had fondue tonight, in honor of my Grandparents, since that was their favorite past-time, and this trip would not have happened without their kindness and generosity to us....

Ciao for now,
K

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb