Summer days in and around Geneva


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
September 4th 2017
Published: October 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

9 weeks of summer holidays, we spent a lot of the time trying to cool off in the lake or at a pool nearby.

Highlights are swimming, paddleboarding and kayaking at the lake. Swimming in various pools, splashing in fountains, some rock climbing and tennis. Our week in Croatia, our week on the canal boat in France and our long weekend in the South of France. The weather has been fantastic. We live in a beautiful part of the world, with amazing weather this summer. We had a few visitors, Anke, Uncle Geoff and Aunty Dee, and G & J Murray's cousins. We enjoyed showing them our part of the world.

School has started for the girls, I've picked up some tutoring hours during the day at another school, aswell as my netball hours. Murray has been in Italy and is now in Bangladesh responding to the emergency resulting from conflict in Myanmar. What will the new school year bring? 2nd year in Switzerland as a family, hopefully more precious family time, getting outside and encouraging our girls to grow in their strengths, challenge themselves and be responsible citizens of the world. Not asking much am I?


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb