The Best of Intentions!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva » Cologny
August 7th 2011
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had the best of intentions. We were planning to get up at 7:30 am and try a church in Geneva. We wanted to try ICF - International Christian Fellowship. However, when I awoke, I knew that something was off, it was too light outside. We slept in until 9:09 am and church started at 10:30 am - darn jet lag!

However, we did not let our sleep-in hinder us. With a new resolve, we decided that we would head into Geneva to try to make it to church on time. We were then hit with our second sucker punch. The Geneva road map is quite easy to read, however, it is a different story once you try driving into downtown Geneva. First of all, there is road construction, so you are diverted this way and that. And then you come up to a road where you want to turn right, yet there is a sign that says no right hand turn.

Our third set-back came when we found that we had a flat tire. Thanks once again to the Geneva road construction.

There were, however some bright spots today. We met a lady named Sandra,
View as you are leaving our complex.View as you are leaving our complex.View as you are leaving our complex.

We are surrounded by the Jura Mountains.
who is a teacher in Geneva. She showed us around a little bit and answered our numerous questions. She met us at the ICF church - we didn't make it to this church until 11:30 am, when it was finished. She was very helpful and she understood what it's like to be an exchange family, as she did a teacher exchange to Toronto. Anyways, we were sure glad to meet her.

Then we went to a great bakery and bought some lunch. Afterwards, we walked to a little park to eat our lunch and then we found a little playground and splash park for the kids. This was a great way for the kids to cool down and have some fun.

Lastly, thanks to God that we made it home safely. We will get the tire repaired/replaced tomorrow, as nothing is open on Sunday.

I have included a picture of the kids at the park and some views from our apartment in Avully. We really appreciated the beauty of this little town.

Jarod


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



8th August 2011

Wow - love the view you have from your apartment. I didn't know that you were going to be out in the country.
8th August 2011

No hairy eyeballs today... an improvement :-)
Despite the whoopsies, it sounds like you had a grand day :-) The view from your place is priceless, you are exploring an amazing country, and you have a beautiful family... what more could you ask for?? Enjoy every minute (even the small set-backs and hairy eyeballs)!!
10th August 2011
View as you are leaving our complex.

Beautiful... reminds me of Canmore
Hey there Jarod, Avery, Isabelle and Myles Thanks for the wonderful write ups and photos.. Hope to keep connected with you all. You are making lots of great memories.. even the flat tires... Take care, Shawn

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb