Blog Day 6


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Engelberg
May 26th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

PROMPT: Describe the ski resort. Discuss the transportation we used to get to the resort. Is global warming an issue for this resort? Was it discussed at all today?

The ski resort at Mount Titlis is located at the top of the mountain. To get to the summit you must take three different lifts of various sizes. The last one is the Titlis rotating car which was the first of its kind in the world. At the top you have different areas you can walk around and there is also the Ice Flyer which takes you over the glacier and over to Glacier Park where there are several different snow play options to choose from. During the winter guests can ski around the mountain and down into Engelberg as well as participate in snow shoe walking, cross country skiing, and snowboarding.

The resort also has two gifts shop on the top of Titlis which sells not only Titlis products but products with the Swiss logo. There is also a place where you can rent shoes if you don’t have the proper ones to use. There are also several restaurants including the amazing Panorama restaurant which served up some great pasta and several sauces.

When I tried to talk to Peter about any green issues that Mount Titlis may be facing, he kind of blew my question off by saying that no one really cares about Green Issues when they’re skiing. However, he did say that there are some environmental groups who are opposed of making one big ski resort between the various standing parks. I think that global warming will start to affect Mount Titlis in the future. They are already producing artificial snow to ensure that their guest can have snow from October to May. Peter and other locals have mentioned how warm the weather had been lately. Perhaps, this is a sign of things to come?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb