weds 9th july


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Leuk
July 9th 2014
Published: July 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Weather not to clever this morning so decision was made to visit the grande dixence dam after our bratwurst breakfast. Lous first experience of hairpin bends and cable cars- breaking her in gently...... Tallest vertical dam in the world impressive structure

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grande_Dixence_Dam

Bought tickets to include the cable car ride and a tour inside the dam but 40 mins to wait.Steve couldnt make his mind up whether to walk up - I didnt take much time to make my mind up - anyway raindrops sorted that out . Tour started at the bottom but steve new best and said we can join them at the top ... so we caught next cable car got a cup of tea to find the tour was at the bottom and we would now miss it count to ten.........,. Any way we walked along the lake for a while white rather than green due to lack of blue sky but still beautiful - watched the cloud descend till dam completely disappeared - this must have had silver lining as had we made the tour we wouldnt have seen the dam and lake steve forgiven but 24 swiss francs wasted. Lou suffered from the hairpins on the way down so stop for tic tacs required dont know how she is going to cope with the big one Back to camp for heathly trout and potatoes and salad followed by cards itv drama at our camp cinema followed by a really long arduous game of football at the bar 1pm finish the best result was we under paid our bill to make up for last night totally disorganised.... steve feels better now things are even..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 21; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb