The mountains


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-East » Chur
March 12th 2009
Published: March 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The best view so far for breakfast!The best view so far for breakfast!The best view so far for breakfast!

Burg Hotel, don't miss it if you find your self driving on Autobahn number 7 one day.
Thursday 12 mars

The best view from a breakfast room so far! All by our selves as usual.

We left Rothenburg and planned our next stop to Chur in Switzerland. We checked the net and found a couple of hotels there which seemed okay (which means not TOO expensive for a swiss place). Now we were heading for the Alps!

It was fascinating to see the changing landscape along the road. When we got to Chur, it turned out to be a quite large, busy and utterly ugly place with strip malls, junkies and abandoned houses. A crowded city where it seemed to be impossible to leave the car with the luggage in a safe place.

We decided to drive a little bit further, and left the highway when it said: “Thusis”. Our dear friend “Gullan”, as we now call her (the GPS), gave us the direction to the only hotel in town, but it was full for the night. The first time that happened so far. That means that we are in a more popular ski region now.

The girl behind the desk at the hotel gave us a tip though: “Try the café a
Heading for the AlpsHeading for the AlpsHeading for the Alps

Nice to see the landscape changing outside the window
little bit further down the road. They have newly renovated rooms with bed and breakfast.” And so we did. A nice and very modern designed, clean, compact style, white room. I don’t know why, but it gave us a feel of Tokyo. We had dinner in the café, and dreamed white dreams. And we got away pretty easy with the very expensive Switzerland, thanks to the café. The switzer-franc is expensive. Looked it up on the net, and was told it is the “strongest currency in Europe”. So with our weak Swedish krona at the moment, we really want to go to a euro-country again. Italy, here we come!

Btw, this day we've been in four countries! Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein and Switzerland!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Goodmorning Thusis.Goodmorning Thusis.
Goodmorning Thusis.

Finally the sun came on strong in this little town, imagine Funäsdalen in Härjedalen, and you get the feeling for the village. One street surrounded by mountains.


15th March 2009

"Godnatt " o "Godmorgon"
Ni verkade ha tur i oturen! Det är sånt som kan hända ( o låter spännande) när det är oplanerat. -Kul med klockorna som visar vilken tid ni tycker är godnatt o godmorgon ! / M o P
16th March 2009

We sleep a lot, as you know, M and P!
Haha, hadn't notice the clocks! We had to leave that room as early as 10 a clock. That's the reason for the early birds that day!

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb