To Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
September 30th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today we made our way from Austria to Switzerland. On the way we made 2 stops. First the Swarovski Crystal Museum. It was beautiful. We walked through walls made from floor to ceiling of crystals to get through the museum and ended up in the showroom/shop where most of the girls spent at leats half an hour trying to decide what to buy. Bought myself and Kiz something...

We then continued on the Liechtenstein for a dodgy kebab for lunch and to get some Swiss Franks. We have now been to 4 of the smallest countries in the world. Monaco, San Mareno, Vatican City & Liechtenstein.

We arrived in Lucerne and jumped on the Gondola to get to our hotel at the top of Mt Pilatus. It took 45 minutes to get to the top, 2132 metres above sea level. Although the hotel wasn't that great it was a beautiful view and well worth it.

Tonight we had a DVD night and watched the movie Hostel. It is about Bratislava in Slovakia where we had been only a few days ago. Everyone agreed that had we watched the movie before hand, there definitely wouldn't have been many of us on that excursion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb