My mom in Europe(Mount Pilatus, Suisse)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
April 28th 2009
Published: April 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well, my mom finally made it to Europe. This visit included my Uncle Joe and Aunt Lien as well. These are just a few pictures I took of the various places we traveled.

I met them in Frankfurt at about 9 am in the airport. They, of course, had a long flight and were beat. Unfortunately, Aunt Lien was feeling a bit under the weather. So, we did what we had to do. We went to pick up the car and prepared to get under way to Lucerne. As you know, one of my favorite places.


Picking up the car in Europe is never as easy as it is in the States. My Uncle asked for a automatic transmission, GPS, and permission to drive into Poland and other old Eastern European countries. After we had signed for the car, my uncle asked, to be sure, about driving the car into Poland. Whoa, they said. You cannot drive an Audi into Poland!!!! Of course, they claimed we never asked them that on the internet application.


So, after that ordeal we ended up with a Ford Galaxy manual transmission, with the WORST GPS ever. We picked up the car in the lot, figured out reverse, the lights, the rain flippers, and we were on our way. The GPS did not work right, but the guy said there was no signal in the garage. So, since we had directions to the hotel in Suisse, like dummies, we took him at this word and took off.


We got to the hotel in about 4 hours or so. We stopped for lunch and some water and I gave a quick lesson on German highway bathrooms.

The hotel was the same place I had stayed with Andrew and his school trip a few years ago. What are the odds? It was a very nice Holiday In right on the highway, with great access to Lucerne.



Well, I knew they needed to stay awake, so we all decided to visit Lucerne, which was maybe a ten minute drive away. As soon aswe got on the road, Aunt Lien got sick and we had to take her back to the room. She insisted we go on without her. So, she napped and once again, we were on our way.


Of course, I took a wrong turn and we ended up at Mount Pilatus. Actually, it turned out perfect. Uncle Joe, my mom, and I found out the cog train did not run yet this season. So, we just took the cable car to the top, hung out for a while and then came back down. We had planned on taking the boat to the train and then up. This would have been followed with a cable car ride back down. But this worked out just great.


Of course the views were great, the weather was perfect and there was a bunch of snow at the top, as well as along the way. The ski runs were still in place. Although, there was not enough snow to use them.


After taking lots of pictures(with my moms camera) we headed back down. We stopped at a really neat little resturant and had beer, soda and French fries with some sausages. What a way to eat!!!



Before you knew it, we were back at the hotel and Aunt Lien looked a whole lot better.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb