Swiss chocolate country


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Lucerne
August 8th 2005
Published: August 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

We're now on our way to Lucerne, Switzerland bright and early in the morning because our tour manager, Amanda wants to beat the traffic. We leave Italy at 7am and things are looking great.. until.. halfway to the Alps we come across this huge traffic jam on the highway. There seems to have been some accident up ahead and within 5mins of stopping, everyone is getting out of their cars, tanning in the middle of the road, peeing on the shoulder in full view. People are having picnics, chatting with strangers in the other cars. Is this what people in Europe do?

Finally, we start moving again and we're heading to Stanserhorn mountain. We take the tram and the gondola to the very top and the view is absolutely breathtaking! We climb a little ways up to the peak and it was definitely worth the climb. We head back down the mountain to go onwards to Lucerne where we shop for Swiss Army knives, watches and chocolates. Ohhh yeah LOTS of chocolate, the Swiss sure know how to do it! The Swiss Army knives are so cheap there, so if you're ever looking for one and you're in the area, definitely get one here. I bought this nice fancy one for camping for only 32CHF = ~32CAD.

We take a cruise around the lake Lucerne and head back to the hotel for dinner. Chicken AGAIN! I think we've had chicken every night so far, except for mystery meat night in St. Goar. Anyways, there's nothing to do near our hotel except for listening to cows and their bells on Mt. Pilatus.

G'nite!
-Nelly and Maciek


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb