Rain, rain go away


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 7th 2005
Published: August 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's raining. The one day we spend in Venice, OUTDOORS, it rains.. or more like.. pours. Our hotel is in the little town of Noale, so we take the morning ferry over to Venice.

Venice is so overrated. It's like a big touristy sinking island. Oh, where was I, right, it's raining. Maciek and I go up the bell tower in San Marco Piazza and it's like a typhoon up there. I'm wearing a skirt that day, thinking it was gonna be hot. My skirt is now blowing up and around in the wind, I'm trying to hold it down, Maciek is holding the umbrella, we're being pelted by rain and I snap some photos really quickly before we head down the elevator. I laugh at the people who are eagerly waiting to go up the tower, mwahahahaha.

Glass blowing demo! That was a definite wow factor. We also went to a lace making demo, interesting but less wow.
The San Marco area is set up in a triangle, with the piazza being one of the points. We go to the Rialto bridge and then meander through the streets to get to the third point - Academia, where we visited the art gallery.

We had lunch at this little no-name pizza take-out place, it was delish and cheap. Way better deal than if we had sat in a restaurant. In the afternoon, we went for a gondola ride with Steve, Boiboi, Tony and Jackie. The ride was cool, kinda like being in a mini dragonboat - paddles up!

We skipped the optional Venice Restaurant excursion - thank god, and found a nice little pasta place with a set 3 course *tourist* meal. We return to our hotel after dinner and get ready for our trip to the alps the next day.

Ciao,
Nelly and Maciek



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb