Honeymoon Day 13 (Zurich)


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
October 24th 2014
Published: October 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today is going to be a pretty light sightseeing day. The only plan we have is to buy our train ticket to Munich, see the inside of Grossmunster, explore the old town, and check out Lake Zurich. We grabbed a quick bite then headed over to the Central station, walked down Bahonstrasse, and went to Grossmunster. We weren't able to get in yesterday, so we were determined to see it today. It was ok, but after seeing several of the Basilicas in Italy, it didn't really compare. It was still pretty nice though. From there, we headed to the old town to check it out. At one point, we accidentally stumbled across what I'm assuming is the red light district. We also came across a some cool pubs and beer halls.

After that, we then stopped by a restaurant by the river for a drink. It was really relaxing and great for people watching. From there, we went to Lake Zurich. We got some gelato, watched the locals feed the swans, etc. We also came across an Oktoberfest spot, but there was no chance of getting in without a reservation. Damn, that would've been fun. However, since we're going to Germany, I have a feeling we'll have plenty of opportunities to get the German beer drinking experience. After that we meandered back towards the central area and went back to the room. We're getting up early tomorrow to head to Munich, so didn't want to stay up too late.

You may not know this, but Munich is one of those cities that both Katie and I absolutely love. We were there at separate times, but we both enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd say Munich is one of the cities Katie is most excited for on the trip. Hope it's just as great as the last time we were there. Can't wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb