Hopping Borders - pFæSé öNè


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Travelling from London to Basel was decent, got a nice little nap on the plane. Arrived in Basel around 11am and made it to Zurich by 3.

So I took a tram to the Klinglhoffer household where i would be staying. They are family friends and it was great to see them again! I had almost forgotten how much fun they all were.

First thing was first: Embrace my surroundings. All bodies were out of the house doing their Thursday routines so i dropped my backpack, said hi to Ella and Calico, the dog and cat, and made my way out in the beautiful weather of Zurich. Saw LOTS of swans and ducks and sail boats on the lake. Basically took myself in a big circle around the neighborhood here. It was great to just explore.

Came home and the family slowly trickled in. First Joe, then Johnny and then Karen. We made Spanakopita for dinner and just talked and had some schnaps and played some music.

DAY 2:

Well, we had decided to go skiiing today but upon waking up at 6am we realised that the weather was not going to be very good. So instead, Johnny went to school and we all went back to bed. After about lunch time we took the bikes into the centre city of Zurich and saw the old town and lakeside and canal. It was great. Then we met up with Johnny and took a ride down the lake just spanding time in the park. We ended up on the rocky beach making rock statues. This has become our new favorite hobby too! Its super relaxing and stress relieving =)

Tonight Johnny and Karen were taking part in the village's open mic night so we had to stop playing with rocks to go home and eat dinner. Lucky for us it was just about ready for us when we got home to Joe cooking a Tuna and Slamon curry with mixed vegetables and rice of course. It was a bit spicy but really good!!

Open mic night was cute. Songs in German and in English. Karen sang a bunch of beatles tunes. Once it was over I went out with Johnny and his firends Felix and Johnny. We bought some beer and incedibly to my surprise, you are allowed to drink openly on the street and in the tram! so crazy! we just hung out for a while and had a great time chatting. Their english is very good. Then we split because Johnny and I had to get up and actually go skiing this time. But the others continued on to a club.

DAY 3:

Were going to a glacier, were going to a glacier!!! This was so exiting. To be able to snowbard in the Swiss Alps was a dream come true. The conditions were fabulous! Super sunny i even got a little tan. the gondola rides up to the top take forever but the views were amaing. It so hard to desribe how serene and beautiful this day was. I will never forget it! Oh and then we were invited to Karen's friends home for some real Swiss Fondue. YUM!

DAY 4:

Ouch, my muscles were aching and we all slept in just in time for Sunday Brunch! It was perfect. Johnny had a paper to write but Karen and Joe took me to Luzcerne, a quaint and picturesque city in Switzerland. We had more beautiful weather and a great time exploring old alleyways and churches. Then we tossed a frisbee on the beach before heading back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb