Hopping Borders - Phase Deux


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
April 11th 2012
Published: April 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bon Jour!

Border Crossed: Swiss/French at Geneva

The train ride to Montpellier was quite scenic. I had a mini stop over in Geneva before getting to France. Its a nice city just to wander. Then back to the train station and on my way to see Alice, a friend from camp who lives in Montpellier. You can really tell once you hit France and get through the Alps because BAM just like that there are grape field EVERYWHERE! Any spare plot of land has some sort of grap tree growing on it!

I arrived with ease to Montpellier and found Alice at the train station. An so began my French adveture!

My love of French bread had soon been discovered when we went to pick up a baguette from the boulangerie! AND wine is well cheap but still great quality! So Alice introduced me to the center of town where she lived and gave me a map (my favourite thing ever!) and i was off to explore while she had school work to do.

The cathedral is massive and is actually where her parents got married. The new tram was being introduced on saturday so the
My fist snail...My fist snail...My fist snail...

...Paul (Alice's dad) is so funny!
whole city was parading and celebrating. This new tram line would go to the sea! So Kye arrived a couple of days later and now i had an exploring buddy. Of course we went to the beach, but it was super windy and therefor chilly!

For Easter Alice took us to her parent's home where she grew up, a picturesque French Chateau =] Her dad makes wine so his winery is right next to the house, he was kind enough to give us a free tour and we even got to taste his very own wine!

Easter dinner was FANTASTIC. It was a strictly seafood meal! Everything from baby octopus, to cray fish, oysters, clams, jumbo shrimps and SNAILS! Yep i ate them, Sea snails straight from the Mediterranean! What an experience. Oh and ofcourse some cheese and bread to polish it all off! This meal was incredible, i was loving every moment of it!

Big thanks to Alice and her family and friends for making our stay in France SUPER magnifique!

a.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.251s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb