Zurich


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-East » Zürich
May 13th 2009
Published: May 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

Today we caught the train to Zurich. Train again is clean, quite and runs on time to the second - not something we see in Australia!! When we get to central everyone stands back and lets you get off before they calmly get on.

The history of Zurich dates back over 1000 years and there are Roman relicts found throughout the old city area. We walked across old Roman baths that were located between more modern buildings.

As you would expect from Switzerland they are big on clocks and Zurich boasts the largest clock in Europe located on one of its church towers. Speaking of towers, we climbed to the top of one of the spires - first and may be the last time we will do this on trip! There are a lot of narrow steps involved in getting to the top but the view of the city when you arrive is stunning.

We wandered through a modern produce market located downstairs in a department store. Great shop but very expensive!!!

Home was on a lake ferry which Zig-Zag from side to side across Lake Zurich. Views from the ferry (which ran on time!) were great. Just managed to beat a hail storm on our walk back to the house.

Another great day!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



15th May 2009

I'll think you are very tired now. Your now 3 weeks on the run. Have big fun togheter for the last 2 weeks.
15th May 2009

Hi Sylvia and John Yes we are tied but another week to go. We had a slowed day today. We still miss all our family in Holland - especially our photographer!! Love Pete and Neet

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb