The eve before the event!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden
September 16th 2006
Published: September 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're absolutely wrecked at the time of writing this message. Last night was Ulrika's dads (Sören) 50th birthday. It was very well organised with over 100 people turning up and the 3 sisters (Tess, Lindha and Ulrika) were the star of the night, with very nice emotional speeches and a fantastic custom made film representing a sumary of Sörens life time in about 5 minutes! The party lasted well until up around 3am when everyone headed home but the hard part was getting up at 8am to go back to the party hall! We had to remove all the chairs,tables, rubbish, letovers etc... before the cleaners arrived at 9am! Also for those of you who were wondering, Ulrika and I didnt do a salsa show piece in the end....the main reason I guess was that we forgot to pack a music CD to Sweden! But we did get to do some dancing during the night...I learning to do "bugg" (a very popular dance in Sweden) to some great rock and roll classics! Actually the DJ that was hired was a 73 year old pro who was belting out some classic tracks! I think he got everyone up dancing during some point in the night! You can see some of the pics of the night here.

So its 7pm right now and I think we will go to bed soon because we are up at 6am tomorrow, but knowing how things usually work we I wont be bed until midnight. (There are always those last minute things!) It's strange to think about it now but hopefully this time tomorrow we will be approaching LAX and hopefully be met when we get there with a shuttle bus to bring us to here!

Advertisement



17th September 2006

Good party - those Swedes know how to rock
Good to read that everything worked out. I had completely forgotten to build a soundtrack to Ulrika's video. Sorry. OTH, I'm not sure my music taste of the time was the same as Ulrika's dad. I was in the anti-Abba camp. Heja Sillstryparn a.k.a Garotta Di Ansjovy.
21st September 2006

LAX
So, did you receive your star on the Hollywoold Walk of Fame yet? Hugs and kisses from Austria, Heidi.l

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb