Gothenburg


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Västra Götaland County » Gothenburg
January 21st 2009
Saved: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

from the airfrom the airfrom the air

approaching Gothenburg
After my arrival in Gothenburg I went to the NYE 2008/9 party straight away and spent the next days wandering around the parks and the city. The city is rather modern and not really special but the nature is wonderful indeed. All these smooth monoliths in the parks and around the islands.
Perhaps it is better to go to Sweden in the summer but in the winter I found the nature even more appealing.
Once you are in Gothenborg you must visit the park Slottskoggen, it's big and beautiful with a lot of hills and typical Swedish animals. Best is to visit it by dawn when the sun falls down on the trees, covers the ground with darkness and lets the summits of the trees shine.
Visiting Sweden in winter has advantages, everything is white and sparkles in the sun. But it also has disadvantages, everyone is sick with Swedish flu and you will most probably get it as well.
Thanks to Oscar and Christian!


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 22


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

parkpark
park

entering Slottskogen


Comments only available on published blogs

21st January 2009

Thank you!
Well Maya as I told you before, we're the ones who should thank you for the pleasure of hosting you here! Cheers! And welcome back to our cold city whenever you want! /Chris'

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 24; qc: 82; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb