On the train to Linkoping


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
August 19th 2010
Published: August 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we got up early and went walking around Stockholm. It's beautiful!! We were looking for the palace forever and finally gave up and got a taxi home. He said we'd been walking around it all the time!! All the buildings are so beautiful we didnt even know it!

Our taxi driver was incredibly nice and made us laugh the whole ride. He told us this story about sailors who came into Stockholm and went past a home for seniors. The building was so nice they thought it was the palace so they were saluting and setting off cannons as a tribute to the royal family. hahaha When I told him I would be living in Linkoping my pronunciation was so English (Canadianized) that he asked me if that was in China. Oh dear looks like I have a lot to learn about the language!

Now we're on a train to Linkoping (we just arrived in Norkoping) with all our millions of heavy luggage. It's been a really pleasant trip- much better than the plane ride! The only nerve racking thing here is when you have so much luggage and things to worry about it's hard to make sure nobody is pickpocketing you. We're both so paranoid about it! Apparently it's a big problem here to the point that we got a warning paper on it when we checked into the hotel and have heard it mentioned several times since we arrived.

Well, not sure how long it will be until I get internet at my place but I'll post again when possible. Miss you all!

-Rhianna

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb