Summer 2008 Departure day


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
June 19th 2008
Published: June 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

First leg of Summer 2008

Thursday 19 June 2008:

Taxi to airport at 12 noon preceded by total chaos.
Not only do Sweden get thrashed by Russia in the Uefa semis on Wednesday evening, but Oscar staggers home bleeding and bruised, as a result of an indescribably complicated bike accident. Spend an hour getting him plastered up ourselves after deciding that a trip to A&E for stitches willl take forever.
And despite Klas' appeal to the kids to steer clear of any trouble on D-day, Max and Alex manage to find the only wasps alive and kicking in the northern hemisphere and get stung all over their faces just as our taxi rolls in the drive.
Perfect timing!

Rest of journey thankfully uneventful. Arrive in Hanoi at 10:30 and get our first taste of the city on the way into the hotel. Four pigs strapped to a motorbike, tens of hens in wooden cages strapped to another!

Check in to our hotel , the Viet Anh in the center of the old quarter. Narrow streets, motos, food stalls and noise! Meet up with Mum who has spent two days acclimatising.
Sleep off the jetlag and find a great little restaurant just up the street where we feast on fresh and fried spring rolls and delicious fish and pork clay pot dishes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb