Seeing space men (and a space woman)


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
April 10th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Studying before meeting the astronautsStudying before meeting the astronautsStudying before meeting the astronauts

We wanted to learn more about life in space so we studied before going to see the astronauts. Thanks Dolph and Dino for letting us use your costumes.
Today dad brought us to see people who have been in space. He said that the people we are going to meet are not so special. Their names are Robert Curbeam, Christer Fuglesang, Mark Polansky and Joan Higginbotham. We asked dad if maybe Yoda or Obi-Wan Kenobi would come with them. Dad gave us a smile and said that he didn't think so. But we decided to go with dad to Stockholm University where the space men and the space woman was going to speak. We don't care much for guys like Robert Curfew, Joan Hediousbottom, Crises Fuglesang and Birthmark Polansky but a small chance, even just a tiny tiny chance, to see Yoda is worth to go all over town and spend half a day listening to boring speeches.

In the morning before we left to see the space men and the space woman we decided to study a little bit. We looked on the Internet and found out that the first man in space was Yuri Gagarin and the first man on the moon was Neil Armstrong. But no matter how much we searched we couldn't find any page telling us who the first cuddly toy in space was or the first cuddly toy on
PosterPosterPoster

Here we are posing in front of the poster
the moon. Now we believe that it might be either Kermit the Frog or Chewbacca. We hope it's Chewbacca because we think he is so cool.

Since we couldn't find much on cuddly toys in space we decided to make alternative space studies instead - we watched Star Wars! We borrowed jedi suites from our friends Dolph and Dino (aka Obi-Wan Dolph and Obi-Wan Dino) who also live with mum and dad. Dolph and Dino are big Star Wars fans and have seen every Star Wars movie there is. Dolph and Dino are much bigger than we are so the suites didn't really fit us. That's why we look so strange in the photo. And we could only find one of the light sabres. Wonder where the other one is? Anyway, we managed to go through one and a half film before we left for the Stockholm University where we were supposed to see the space men and the space woman.

When we came to Stockholm University we saw a poster outside. According to the poster we are supposed to call them astronauts, not space men and space women. But they are men and a woman and they have been
AstronautsAstronautsAstronauts

You hardly see them down there but on the stage there are several astronauts.
in space. So what is wrong with calling them space men/space women?

We saw the astronauts and heard them talk about their job. But it seems like they don't know neither Chewbacca and nor Yoda because they didn't mention any of them during the three hours we were there. But we had fun anyway. They had a film where they showed what life is like in space. It looked fun. People were floating around and things were flying around instead of falling down. We now hope that mum and dad will bring us into space on our next trip.


Advertisement



10th April 2007

Zakje hälsar
Uppifrån sängen hälsar Zakjekonijn att Emma och Claude visst var fina i sina lånade kostymer! Dessutom att det väl är typiskt att de inte sa ngt om de viktiga personerna i rymden, för de viktiga personerna brukar hålla sig för sig själva. Som Yoda. :-)

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb