Last Day of Driving on the Wrong Side of the Road


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Stockholm County » Stockholm
August 23rd 2023
Published: August 23rd 2023
Edit Blog Post

Left our Lake cabin this morning. A very peaceful and enjoyable 3 nights here.

Back to Stockholm today. Only a 4.75 hour drive. All on expressways so speed was mostly 100 or 110 kmh. Stopped for a break in Noorköping - around the half way mark. They say the town was an industrial Centre back in the 1800’s but things went bad for the textile industry and the town went into a state of disrepair.

Eventually they renovated and turned many of the warehouses into flash apartments. There is also a very busy university in the area as well. Found a pub and had a charcuterie board which was yummo.

Back on the road and into the Stockholm traffic. Most going out but we eventually copped traffic jams as well. Dropped Chris off near the hotel as the traffic was at a standstill and I had to go and get petrol before dropping the hire car off.

Chris had almost checked in by the time I had got past the hotel doors. After that part the fuel and drop off went smoothly. Even found a very quick way back to the hotel on foot from Avis.

Unpacked and tried to arrange our days in Stockholm. Then out to dinner. Found a nice little bistro just up the road from the hotel. I had the home made Swedish meatballs and Chris had Arctic Char. Both really tasty and cleaned the plates up so must have been good.

Walked the streets for a while then back to the hotel for an early’ish night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb