Sweden for a day...


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Skåne County » Lund
July 25th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


SwedenSwedenSweden

At the Kulturen open air museum in Lund.
Today was our day trip into Sweden. Given that it's just across the water from Copenhagen and there's a handy bridge to get there, we all piled on board the bus and headed over the bridge (complete with a view of a shipwreck out the right hand side off the bridge) to Sweden to perform first in the cathedral in Lund, another Lutheran church that was undoubtedly something else to begin with - it was the most Catholic-looking service I have ever been to, even if the content and wording was rather more Lutheran (from what we could gather from the English bits and the odd word of Swedish that was similar enough to English. Sadly I did not get to learn much about the Dom, even if I did take a lot of pictures.

Our afternoon stop was at the Kulturen open air museum (ie: the Fort Edmonton Park of Lund). It was pretty nifty, although there were next-to-no interpreters around, so most of the time was spent just wandering around buildings, reading plaques and generally enjoying the scenery.

Late afternoon we boarded the bus again to head to the small town of Förslöv, where HJ's family came
SwedenSwedenSweden

Förslöv church, where we sang our final concert.
from, and to sing in the church where several of her ancestors are buried (outside in the grounds). It was a lovely small concert for a very appreciative audience, and was a lovely way to end the tour. Drinks in the hostel bar to end the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb