Fish and football


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Norrbotten County
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SkirvoSkirvoSkirvo

View from Skirvo mountain
This morning right after breakfast I took Enrico walking up on Skirvo, a small mountain near my parents' house. It's not a very high mountain, only about 500 meters above sea level, but you get a fabulous view from the edge of the cliff at the top. We walked and climbed up the south-east side of the mountain through old forest, across the top and down the steep west side. It's quite hard work and we kept a high tempo in order to leave some of the mosquitoes behind. But it's worth the sweating and tripping over loose rocks, the view is beautiful!

Later in the evening after having had mum's elk meat casserole, we went fishing on the lake. A storm cloud was just heading our way and the wind picked up a lot, so the fishing conditions were not ideal. But eventually we found a good spot just by the bank and it turned out some perch were hanging out in the shallow waters. Enrico was very enthusiastic and armed with a fishing pole. He managed to pull around 15 perch out of the water, plus a few very small ones that we let back in the lake.
FishingFishingFishing

Enrico with a perch
He was a very happy fisherman!

This evening I watched a full football game for the second time in my life, Sweden - Russia. I am not impressed. Sweden played absolute rubbish (you see, I have already developed opinions on the game). My father claims there were twice as many Russians as Swedes on the field. The only truly entertaining part of the whole event was watching my mother who got so excited she nearly fell of her chair on several occasions, shouting orders at the players to no avail.

Anyway, enough about football now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

GobdeGobde
Gobde

Beautiful view over lake Gobde


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb