Hejsan Sverige!


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Kronoberg County » Växjö
May 11th 2008
Published: May 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made it! A bit drowsy, but smiley and appreciative all the same! The gracious welcome was beyond words by the GSE committee, complete with large Rotary flag and a cavalcade of vehicles!!

It's gorgeous here in Växjö (with sunburns to prove it)...even though we still can't quite figure how to pronounce it! Our flights went smoothly and were on time. We all look forward to a good night's rest, so we can proceed full steam ahead to tomorrow's adventures...the Kingdom of Crystal, a mill tour in Lessebo, a guided tour of a glass factory and a moose park!!!!
Photos coming soon!



Advertisement



11th May 2008

Let the adventure begin
Glad to hear you made it. I was thinking of you yesterday as it started snowing again. Not too good for the Walleye opener. Looking forward to seeing pics.
12th May 2008

Eat Green Veggies!
Or, whatever you need to quickly gain your footing, infuse youself with energy, and cast that Hi-Pro glow! It will be terrific! Happy to hear that all feet are on the ground. Now, when possible, go have some GB Glass (ice-cream - the more colorful, the more delicious!), sniff as many flowers as possible, and go ahead - drink the bubble-water! Be daring! Be well-rested! Be of good cheer! ...in brief, get plenty of rest, and eat your vegetables. Your mother (hen)
12th May 2008

Living Vicariously
Happy Swedish Adventures to you! Glad to hear you have arrived safely and the tours begin tomorrow. Love it! No wasting time. Try not too look too glassy eyed (wait, that comes closer to the end). Remember to dive right in, learn, enjoy, let go of control and just go with the flow. The hard part is over. And take pictures of the food. We want to see Everything (almost). Sharon (Team France 2007)

Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb