Hackås


Advertisement
Sweden's flag
Europe » Sweden » Jämtland County » Hackås
August 1st 2009
Published: August 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Been a while since we had a trip now so me and Jenny decided to try out an adventure in our home country. This time we headed north to my dads childhood village - Hackås. I love taking friends there.

So anyway! We drove for about three hours before we reached that lovely red cabin. Since it was rather late we only had some sandwiches for dinner.. There is always the option to go up to Hackås Drive Inn for some burgers or a pizza, but we were a bit tired after the drive.

The next day we spent utside. First of all we went to Strömbacka Kvarn, or as the locals say - Kvarna, a lovely old mill that serves as a restaurant and pub during the summers. Ah.. the food is great! Had the Zick-Zack plate with two types of meet, red wine sause, guacamole and potato boats. Nom!

After that we headed back towards the car that we had parked at the shop. Saw that the Revymuseum (Revue museum) was open and decided to have a look. Neither me, nor Jenny has the slightest clue about revues but it was still very interesting, and the guy that owns the museum came and showed us around, told stories about the artists and played us a little monologue from a revue about a man flying for the first time. Funny little story! =D

After that we took a tour down to the church and I took the oportunity to check on my grandparents graves. Strolled around some on the graveyard and walked along the lake past the boat huses towards a small house on the pier, where we sat down and enjoyed the scenery for a while.

Headed back through the village, looking at the fields, barns, woods, cows, hosues and horses as we passed. Spent the rest of the evening on the big lawn, enjoying the sun, the view and the silence. This place is tranquility and beauty.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



1st March 2010

A lovely place
You made me want to go to this lovely place Hackås I shall some day Thank you
3rd February 2011
Knights grave

Knights Grave
Thank you so very much, now I have a photograph of another one of ancestors grave marker.

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb