Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
October 20th 2005
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.2171, 2.12499

¡Hola! from Barcelona.

The train here seemed longer than the last.. maybe because we didn´t get free stuff this time. We did have great views of the Mediterranean though.

The first evening here we went to see Flamenco. Now for those of you that know the heart of Flamenco is in the south of Spain not in Catalunya. We were a bit confused too but realized that the show (we booked from home) was in a mini Spain, recreation of Spanish villages from all over the country. The Flamenco was very cool. Lots of stomping and clapping. Feet a blazing. You get a strong middle eastern influence from the singing. So our first night was tons o´ fun.

Day 2 (today) we have been running around. First the Gaudi tour... WOW! That man had an eye. Toured the apartment then the church. Took the elevator to the top of one of the spires. Hello vertigo. Crazy shit. 123 years in the making and 50 more to go. May have to come back to see the finished product. Then Picasso. Largest collection of Picasso in Spain. The museum walks you through the history of his works. We both enjoyed it. Walked Las Ramblas and visited the market. Las Ramblas is a boulevard that runs from the north of the city to the south were it ends at the sea. Full of vendors selling flowers, birds? and what not. Lots of street performers and over priced restaurants. And tons of tourists, go figure.

We are off to have some tapas served with long toothpicks that they count on your empty plate to tally your bill.

Flying back to Amsterdam tomorrow... thank God, our feet need the rest. Sorry we can´t upload pictures this time. Will try tomorrow from Amsterdam.

Check out the Valencia entry.

Hugs and kisses,
SandK


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb