Day 9


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Its hot, no sure how hot but its ben very hot for the last few days, its not 6:30pm and you still feel like you are burning when you go outside! We are in a small town, not sure what its called as its is so small and are staying above a bar, in a small dorm of 18 people, hopefully no snorers so will be able to get a good nights sleep!!

Going back a few days, Viana was great. The town was lovely and we managed to watch the tennis (spanish obviously very happy with the result!!) The refuge was ok, sleeping in triple bunks and we all happened to be in the top bunk which required a bit of agility to get up to, and also to get down. It felt very unstable especially as if the person on the bottom bunk moved, the top swayed which was not the nicest feeling! Next day we did 30km to Ventosa, passd a few unfriendy town, managed to get ripped of for a can of coke - charged around 1.30 pounds. Wen we arrrived in Vetosa it was the last day of the local festival so we all headed to the town plaza and found the whole town out having lunch. A large spanish woman adopted us for the afternoon and got us food, wine, bread and watermelon (all free) which was great! The refuge was also nice and we all got a good nights sleep for 7 euros.

Next day up early again (not as early as the spainish) did an easy 9km to Najera for breakfast then continued on for another 20km stopping for lunch around 1ish. The walk was though the corn fields, which were endless and they continued on for the whole day, you could see the heat rising from the fields which was amazing. Arrived at Santo Domingo last night at a refuge. Some really unhelpful girls ´booked´us in to the refuge and gave us our beds. Which I was then moved off as some Italians decided that they wanted to sleep together so when we were off exploring the town and buying supper they moved my stuff - very mature from some adults...

We ran into some brits (the first we have met) and so they said we should come up and sleep in there dorm as them as they had free beds so we did and had a much better nights sleep! Had a good supper from th supermarket. We walked around 29km today and it was one of the hottest days so far, we have to have the pilrgims menu tonight so we will save the cider and the pizzas that the brits gave us this morning!

Hope the weathers getting better....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb