Valencia


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
July 23rd 2015
Published: July 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

After the hectic sight seeing and very hot temperatures we looked forward to a rest in Valencia. We had a very nice place looking out on to the beach. But at arriving there we had a problem the room was still occupied. So we had to wait and were offered a nice cold beer while waiting we could finally install ourselves and have a nice shower. The firs day up there we really took it easy and had a look around. That evening we had first time in our life Paella and telling the truth it also be the last time. Not our type of food but that is very personal. It is extremely difficult to order your food most of the time you finish up with something you did not order at all. The word Beer they understand and that is quickly on the table. The beach side is very busy with tourist. Very cheap for the English, Germans or Dutch to get there and the weather is always nice at least most of the time. We had very nice weather so far. The second day we went to a very big shopping centre to see what the cost is and look for a ATM for they are hard to find in Spain. Well that was a waste of time. No ATM and we really did not needed any shopping. The last day we were back to sight seeing. We went in to Valencia it self. A very nice city. Has a lot of history. We were there about 47 years ago with the kids and saw a Bull fight there. That was nice to drive passed the plaza del Toro and saw the Bull ring again after so many years. We went to La Lonja. Famous for it's pillars and one of the finest Gothic structures in Europe. Also the museum of Ceramic and of course at he end a church. The Cathedral of Valencia. In between we were at the Food market where they sell everything and it is not refrigerated. Tomorrow we go to Lleida, a stop over for the night on the way to Saillagouse in France. There we go on a train trip with the Yellow train from Saillagouse to Villafranch. But that is another story.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb