Old World and a sight to see!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
September 20th 2009
Published: September 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ahhh paella: The plates B/4 the taste!Ahhh paella: The plates B/4 the taste!Ahhh paella: The plates B/4 the taste!

So before we ate Paela these are the plates! We could just imagine. Do you believe that they have BLACK Paella with squid ink!
Ahhh Valencia , the city of Medeival Spain. We ate and ate and ate. and drank vino. What can I say. The old city was spectacular, and we visited everywhere. Not as tourists, no.... as visiters from afar..... we experienced the essence of a traditional city that best represented the area. Old buildings, terasses, cafes, and the like. we felt like old montreal on steroids. It felt like the Plateau Mont Royal as well, with the price of the Vino and the food well below the price we would pay a LA LOCALE. That meant the flavor was that much more exquisite.

What ever anyone tells you about Valencia, just tell them it is affordable. Onto Madrid...........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

What a graphic Display...What a graphic Display...
What a graphic Display...

Look closely at this painting... was this guy stoned or what. Maybe he should live in Amsterdam. Good imagination.
Example of water flow in ValenciaExample of water flow in Valencia
Example of water flow in Valencia

Okay so I am not showing Valencia. So what. Its either the very old or the very new. Next pic will be the new or skewed.
The SkewedThe Skewed
The Skewed

This is a wonderful way of displaying conventional lines in an abstract way. I do not know if the otherway is a better representation of the idea that was trying to be portrayed.
The Real ThingThe Real Thing
The Real Thing

So there you have it! Visually it is stunning. But was the vision worth the expense!
taDa!!!!!! The full view!!!!taDa!!!!!! The full view!!!!
taDa!!!!!! The full view!!!!

No more to be said.
Cramped ValenciaCramped Valencia
Cramped Valencia

I feel like I am in lachine quebec! All the lodgings are narrow. This is the norm!


22nd September 2009

phots
Great shots. All of them interesting.... Keep them coming!

Tot: 0.553s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb