Second Last Weekend!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
April 29th 2007
Published: April 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Things are really winding down here! Next week is our last week of classes, then exams and home...wow! This weekend was fun, the weather was really crappy though! I didn't do anything special on Friday, then Saturday we went to Sagunto and Peniscola. It was supposed to be a relaxing beach trip, but the weather was not good at all. We first went to Sagunto which was an old Roman town with a cool amphitheater. The Spanish government decided to pour cement over the top of it so that they could use it, so it looks pretty silly and modern now, which is sad, but you can still see the Roman foundation. The town was cute, we walked up the hill to the castle, which contained the old Roman ruins and then also was a massive castle, we wandered around it (it was in pretty bad condition), but it was fun to see the old walls and pretty views from the top of the hill.

Then we went to Peniscola, which is a gorgeous beach town. It was pouring when we pulled in, then the rain let up a little, we ran to a restaurant for lunch and chilled there for a while so that we were not outside. After that, the rain stopped and we went up to the castle that was there, and enjoyed gorgeous views of the beach. We also wandered around little gift shops. It was a relaxing time, but it would have definitely been nice to relax on the beautiful beach. Then we went home. That night we went out for Natasha's birthday, we stumbled upon an Andalucia festival which was cool, lots of flamenco dancing. But, by the time we were going out to the bars it started pouring! We were soaked through, then fought for cabs to get home.

Today it hasn't rained, but I slept all morning then I came here to the internet cafe. It is a nice walk to get here, then it is free internet (but you are expected to get something). Now I am listening to the Sabres game then I will go out to dinner with my friends for the birthday. It should be fun since we never go out to dinner, and we have a cake! That is all for now. Bye.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb