Orihuela


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Two days in Spain so far so brilliant! It is soo beautiful and warm it has been so good to escape the cold and rain of London.

I went to the beach yesterday Playa Flamenca (Flemish Beach) it was beautiful I paddled in the mediterranean sea. Yeah! I even had to put sunscreen on it was gorgeous weathr not quite suitable for swimming. The Aunt I am staying with celebrated her birthday yeaterday so we went to a really nice restaurant for lunch.

Today we went to La Pagan on the Mar menor (small sea) It's really famous in summer for it's mud baths we're people cake it all over their skin let it dry in the sun and then wash it off. It's supposed to be good for it. But there was no-one in there cos it's winter. We walked all along the pretty waterfront and looked at all the big boats, some of them would belong to millionaires. There was a big old windmill there so the baths are called Charcos Molinos (windmill pools) For lunch we had yummy Tapas! Real Tapas in spain so cool!

Afterwards we went to a flamingo sanctuary, so cool. Do you flamingos aren't born pink they are really white but the water they live in is full of pink algi and they eat it and live in it so they turn pink. EVen when you look at the water it has real pinkish tinge. The flamingos were very cool to see in their natural habitat.

Then we went to a real Spanish bar in San Miguel, it's called the nut house because they give you a big plate of nuts with your drinks. The guy who owns it was really funny he spoke no English so I got to try out my Hola and Gracios, the was a younger Spanish bar man working! I'm in love!!! Very hot









Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th December 2006

Great to meet you
It was great that my visit to my Mum's in Spain overlapped with your trip, hope to see you again soon back in England, (smaller Vodkas this time!)
8th December 2006

in love
are we going to have a male in every port of call?
8th December 2006

It wouldn't be a good holiday ifb there wasn't!
9th December 2006

was brilliant to meet you all too hope to see you again. Come to AUstralia!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb