Europe Potpourri - 12


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Alfaz del Pi
July 9th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I found out yesterday why I had so much trouble finding our resort on Saturday evening. While all the maps have Alfaz del Pi I couldn't find it in my GPS. Then yesterday i notices a sign "L'Alfaz..." That made a huge difference and I quickly found it when I used that spelling. A bit late but good to know.

Yesterday we delivered a small gift to the ladies who helped us find the resort and they were very appreciative. The younger one is actually visiting her family here but lives in Montreal. She spends one month every year here. And who can blame her? Bathed in sunshine most of the year, it is one of the foremost holiday destinations in Spain attracting visitors from Spain, England, Germany and Norway mostly.

I will continue to download some more pictures today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Note takingNote taking
Note taking

Gee makes an entry into her log while we travel by train from Perpignan to Alicante, Spain.
SausisonSausison
Sausison

A stop at roadside for a quick meal on the way.
Dali artDali art
Dali art

A small example from the extensive display of varied art.
The walled city of Carcassonne, FranceThe walled city of Carcassonne, France
The walled city of Carcassonne, France

A spectacular example of a medieval city perched as most are, at the top of the highest ground in the area.
Leaving Quinllan behindLeaving Quinllan behind
Leaving Quinllan behind

This was the begining of an incredible drive through the Pyreenes the beauty and magnitude of which photographs can't convey so I have chosen not to attempt it.
LourdesLourdes
Lourdes

An example of the staggering commercialization there.


Tot: 0.352s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb