spain part 2 - pamplona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Navarre » Pamplona
July 4th 2008
Published: July 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: running of the bulls 57 secs
it is almost impossible to explain everything that went on over the 8 days we were in pampona. we caught the train up from barcelona early morning, the only seats we were able to get were first class so we were looking farward to our first class experience. we were a little dissapointed to say the least, our first class experience consisted of a big seat and well that was pretty mush it. it was a bit of an effort to find the camping site as it was in the middle of nowhere! once at the camp site we were taken to a spot and told where to set up our tent, once our little gatecrasher tents were up we got ready to go explore, just as we were about to leave the tents we heard a crash as some random guy was pushed onto damo and lachs tent snapping both the poles. the girl who pushed the guy onto the tent was very appologetic and found some tape to fix the poles. after fixing the tent we explored the campsite and found a few friends of damiens and a new location to move our tents to. the first night was a party night to say the least, it was a sighn of things to come... lets just say that there was not much sleep or food to be had all week and we made very good friends with a bloke on a vino box who also happened to make sangria... if thats a bit cryptic for you in spain there is a brand calle don simon who make red wine and sangria amongst other things, oh and i should say the quality is matched only by the price, 1 euro for a litre!

we spent our second day in town shopping for our outfits we found the whole kit for 20 euros we were very impressed...

the sunday was the opening ceremony, this was the crazyest day ever... imagine thousands of peopole all dressed in the same whites and red all drinking sangria and wine, fruit being thrown every where and no one going home with a clean outfit. we danced, sang and drank way to much and had a fantastic morning. we caught the 1pm bus back to the camp site and had a quick afternoon nap before getting back on it for a big night.

we caught the afternoon bus into town on tuesday to see a bull fight. we had a picnic dinner before heading to the arena to buy our tickets. this proved to be alot more difficult than we thought, alex and i paid 90 euros for two tix lachlan struck it lucky when he was given a ticket by a passer by and damo snuck in a fire exit with a couple of others to catch the last fight. i find it very hard to explain the bull fight, on one hand it has so much history and tradition behind it but i find it very hard to get past the brutality of the whole procedure.

the next morning we were up very early to get the 6am bus into town to see the bull run. this went past so quickly if we had of blinked we would have missed the whole thing. the bull run was kind of a bit of a let down, if we had of known that the best place to watch the runn was in the arena we would have paid the 10euros to get in. guess we still saw a bit from the spot we got, check out the video and you will see what i mean.

as the rest of the week went on the camp site got progressivly quiter and less like the party town that we were in early in the week...

pamplona was an experience to say the least, don't know if i could do it again but god i had a great time!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.326s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb