Long Haul to Logrono


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Logroño
September 26th 2016
Published: September 26th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After a delicious breakfast in Los Arcos, we walked out at 6.15am. I had only walked for about 2kms and I switched from sandals to boots. My feet were sore but seemed to improve throughout the day, in spite of the many hills that had to be crossed.

The scenery was amazing but the villages were rare. We passed through a gypsy settlement about a kilometre past Viana. There was about 20 or so vans and cars covered with blue tarps that completed the 'we're ready to pack up fast' look. We lost Masa today. He has a bad fever and was staying on at Los Arcos. last night we had a meal and a lot of laughs, often at my expense, with a multinational table; we had japanese, Croation, dutch and a guy from Norway at our table.

Tomorrow we are walking to Ventosa, a few kilometres short of the planned day but after our 29 km day today, we decided the 31kms planned for tomorrow is not on. We will walk to Navarrete , spend a few hours eating tapas with cold drinks, and then walk the 7kms to Ventosa to complete our day. This time will be made up over a couple of days. Not much more to say. We are at a bar in the plaza and Dave, another Aussie , Irena, and John are on the sangria while I type way, adios til next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement


Take your pick ! Take your pick !
Take your pick !

'Spain is ruined. Independence !!' Or ' Buen Camino' (good walking).

VianaViana
Viana

Walking, village, walking, village; that's life on the Camino
Not rubbish!Not rubbish!
Not rubbish!

These are hundreds of dedications written and left under rocks. I didn't add to that.
Beautiful scenery all the way today.Beautiful scenery all the way today.
Beautiful scenery all the way today.

This was after a pretty long steep ascent.
A graffiti artists impression of a pilgrim.A graffiti artists impression of a pilgrim.
A graffiti artists impression of a pilgrim.

I think he got the eyes right !
Our AlburgueOur Alburgue
Our Alburgue

Middle window at the bottom; €10 a night, not bad. Right in the heart of town.


27th September 2016

Camino dream
It is wonderful to be reading your blog entries. I have heard so much about you and your travels that it is a privilege to share this journey with you. Thank you for allowing me to. Kind regards, Jeannette
27th September 2016

Thanks for the kind words. I'm very lucky to be doing it and it's great but as you can imagine , sometimes it's not so pleasant .( it's 6am and I'm about to rape my feet for the day !). You do forget all this as you enjoy the trip though.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb