Camino Trip Day 15: Camino Day 11:


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Granon
May 19th 2022
Published: May 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

We left the municipal albergue at about 6am, heading towards Ciruena or Cirinuela, depending on where you looked. After about 2 hours of walking, we arrived at Cirinuela, a rather large and largely unused golf course and apartment building group. It seemed like a ghost town, but we saw that at least some of the apartments were occupied. Right next to it is the town of Ciruena, a rather small town. After passing through the apartment complex, we came to a bar, Bar Jacobeo, where we stopped for breakfast. After our breakfast, we walked only for less than half an hour before we spotted Santo Domingo de la Calzada, although it was quite a ways still. There was a nice little rest area not too far out of town, but we kept on walking.

We reached Santo Domingo around 10am, walked most of the way through town, and decided to take a coffee break. After our break, we continued through and out of town. At around 12:15, we entered Granon and after asking a local, we found our "albergue", Residencial El Cuartel. It was not where it was supposed to be, a kilometer or so outside of town in a wooded area, but rather on the outskirts of town with nothing more than a front and back yard. Also, it did not have a bar, or a restaurant attached, as advertised. We did have a nice private room, and the place was fairly clean.

After getting checked in, unpacked, and having our shower, we decided to go into town for our lunch/dinner. I had patatas bravas and Manoli had yucca with some sort of sauce. She said it was good. After dinner, we wandered around town, what there was of it, until we reached the edge of town. There was a nice overlook there where we would leave in the morning. We then returned to the albergue and chilled. I worked on my blog and played some Roblox Islands and Manoli read something on her phone.

Tomorrow we have a long day, of about 27 kilometers, to get to Villafranca Montes de Oca.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb